The holidays are a time for family, friends, and of course, delicious food. If you’re like most people, you might be scrambling at the last minute to come up with some new recipe ideas. Never fear – we’ve got you covered!
In this article, we will share 25 recipes that will save your holiday feast. From sweet treats to savory dishes, there is something for everyone. So, relax and enjoy the holidays – let us take care of the brainstorming!
The holidays are a time for family, friends, and of course, delicious food. A lot of people like to have sweet things at their holiday feast. That’s why we’re starting with recipes for sweet treats.
1. Cranberry-Pistachio Biscotti: A festive twist on a classic Italian cookie, these biscotti are perfect for dipping in your morning coffee or tea. Set some aside as small gifts for unexpected visitors.
2. Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Cookies: These simple yet delicious cookies are a holiday staple in many households. Shape them into festive shapes for added decor.
3. Gingerbread Men: A holiday favorite, these gingerbread cookies are perfect for decorating with the kids. If you are short on time, you can purchase them instead of baking them in advance.
4. Peppermint Bark: A festive and easy-to-make treat, peppermint bark is perfect for gifting or enjoying yourself! Consider grabbing some decorative tins to help turn the bark into a sweet gift.
5. Spiced Hot Cocoa: This rich and creamy hot cocoa will warm you up on a cold winter day. Add a little extra holiday cheer with a shot of rum or brandy.
6. Pumpkin Pie: A classic Thanksgiving dessert, pumpkin pie is always a hit- even on other holidays. Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream for an extra special treat.
7. Apple Crisp: This comforting dessert is perfect for using up any leftover apples from your holiday baking. There are few ingredients in a crisp, so it is a great recipe for those who are short on time or supplies at home.
8. Pecan Pie: A Southern favorite, pecan pie is a must-have at any holiday gathering. Not up for making a full pie? Try pecan pie muffins instead or brownies for a fresh spin. You can also make this dessert in advance and freeze it until needed.
9. Chocolate Chip Cookies: A classic cookie that is always a hit, chocolate chip cookies are perfect for sharing with friends and family. Add nuts, pretzels, or other treats to boost the flavor.
10. Sugar Cookies: Another classic cookie, sugar cookies are perfect for decorating with the kids. Use different shapes of cookie cutters to maximize the fun.
11. Fruitcake: Love it or hate it, fruitcake is a holiday tradition in many households. Give it a try this year! Make sure to set aside plenty of time. With a multitude of ingredients, this recipe takes well over two hours from start to finish.
12. Eggnog: A holiday favorite, eggnog is rich and creamy and perfect for sipping by the fire. Make it even more special by adding a shot of rum or brandy. There are plenty of eggnog options at the local grocery but making it at home will allow you to put your special spin on it.
13. Pumpkin Spice Latte: This popular fall drink can also be enjoyed during the holidays! Best of all, you can make a big slow cooker version for easy serving.
Savory snacks are perfect for satisfying your hunger between meals, and they come in all shapes and sizes. From chips and crackers to dips and spreads, there is sure to be a savory snack that fits your taste buds.
1. Cheese Ball: A holiday party classic, cheese balls are always a hit. Serve with a variety of crackers or crudités for dipping. This is one of the most versatile savory options on our list- ingredients range from onion and bacon to cranberry and almond.
2. Deviled Eggs: A delicious and easy-to-make appetizer, deviled eggs are perfect for any holiday gathering. You can make variations with ingredients like sriracha, cheese, chives, and more.
3. Sausage Balls: A tasty and kid-friendly snack, sausage balls are great for munching on during the holidays. Plus, serving them is as simple as putting a toothpick in them for guests to grab easily.
4. Pigs in a Blanket: Another crowd-favorite, pigs in a blanket are perfect for snacking on during holiday movies or gatherings. This is one of the easiest recipes to put together- crescent rolls and any kind of sausage will work.
5. Holiday Crackers: A festive twist on regular crackers, these are perfect for enjoying with cheese or dips.
6. Candied Bacon: A delicious and unique appetizer, candied bacon is perfect for any holiday party. If the oven is occupied with other holiday dishes, try cooking this in the air fryer.
7. Mini Quiche: A bite-sized version of a classic brunch dish, mini quiches are perfect for any holiday gathering. Choose your favorite mix-ins (bonus points for meat and veggie options) and whip up something special.
8. Spinach Artichoke Dip: A creamy and flavorful dip, spinach artichoke dip is perfect for enjoying with crackers or crudités. In the unlikely event that there are leftovers, use the dip as a stuffing for chicken. It’s an indulgent dinner you won’t forget!
9. Guacamole: A party favorite, guacamole is perfect for any holiday gathering. Serve with chips or use it as a condiment for tacos or burritos.
10. Chicken Wings: A favorite party food, chicken wings are perfect for any holiday gathering. There are all types of marinades, dry rubs, and sauces for those who want to switch it up from the classic buffalo wing. You can also bake, fry, and grill the wings, depending on the recipe. Remember to serve the wings with a variety of sauces for dipping.
11. Vegetable Tray: A healthy and festive option, vegetable trays are perfect for any holiday party. Arrange the veggies on the plate to minimize empty space and emphasize the gorgeous colors. Serve with a variety of dips or hummus.
12. Hummus: A delicious and healthy dip, hummus is perfect for any holiday party. Serve with a variety of vegetables, crackers, and pita for maximum flavor. Consider adding in garlic, olives, roasted red pepper, and more to create delicious variations.
With all these ideas for holiday food, the most difficult part will be deciding what to serve. Grab those ingredients early so you have them on hand and enjoy spending time with family and friends this holiday season.