This past Tuesday, March 4th, Crown Point Mayor Dave Uran hosted his monthly community forum, “Tuesday Talks With the Mayor”. These talks are great events and a great way to stay informed on the Crown Point community. Here are the main takeaways I took from his most recent talk along with upcoming community events-
- Crown Point’’s St. Patrick's’ Day Parade is Sunday March 17th. The lighted parade kicks off at dusk and follows Main St and ends on the Downtown Square.
- Bulldog Park is scheduled to be finished for a Grand Opening on May 31st.
- A new stop light is scheduled to be installed this summer by Crown Point High School at Main St. and Burrell Drive. The road will also be improved from Indiana Ave. to the YMCA.
- Road paving will begin in Spring with the City planning on paving 7-8 miles of roads.
- The Crown Point Dog Park will have new “playground” equipment installed for your dogs this summer. The dog park is located across from the Babe Ruth Fields on Center Ross Rd.
- Phase 2 of the Downtown sidewalk improvements will start in late March/ early April. INDOT will then pave and restripe the roads around the Square.
- Crown Point had another record year issuing home permits
- 109th and I-65 Improvements
- Delaware Parkway will be finished North of 109th Ave and connect with 107th Ave and 105th Ave.
- Once Delaware Parkway is connected to 107th & 105th Ave. the widening of 109th Ave. will begin.
- Crown Point medians will replace temporary medians and a stop light will be installed at 109th Ave and Delaware Parkway.
- Crown Point continues to monitor INDOT to ensure they move forward with the widening of the I-65 underpass to coincide with the 109th Ave. widening.
- 109th Ave. will then be improved east of I-65 with a roundabout planned for Iowa St. and 109th.
- Should announce soon that Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute will locate their Corporate Headquarters to Crown Point at 109th & I-65.
- Should have more information available next month on Hotel Development in Crown Point.
You can find a recorded broadcast of the talk on Crown Point Community Events facebook Page. I'll continue to provide you with a monthly recap as well, so please check back often. If you know of anyone who is thinking of joining our great community, I'd be happy to help. Give me a call at 219-306-0333.