Realty Executives Arizona Territory
Debra K. Pauley
Associate Broker (928) 713-3426
Debra K. Pauley
Enter your email address and we'll send you a link to reset your password.
New Phone Number
New Email Address
If you're looking for a new home, you can choose to purchase an existing new build or select a home site, reputable contractor, and a plan unique to your family needs and tastes. I can recommend several great contractors in Prescott. Prices can range from $150.00 (very low side) per square foot to custom home prices. In most instances, price does not include land or landscaping. Building takes time and you may have to obtain an interim rental. You need to have time and patience but building a home to your specifications can be very rewarding!
Whether you choose to buy an existing new home or build, please keep in mind that you will have additional expenses for window coverings, landscaping, and other amenities the contract does not include. Whether you choose an existing home or start from the ground up, you need a professional to review your contract and to be with you from day one until walk through, handing you keys to your new home. I am that person- with decades of proven sales and 16 years in the construction industry! Call me before you select a builder or a new home community.
1. Get your finances in order. Visit with a lender immediately to determine your financial ability and get pre-approved. Ask me for a list of local lenders that have a proven track record of delivering success. Contractors also need to be approved by the lender. You may not know your total sales price until you purchase your home site, contractor determines cost for your selected plan, architectural fees, obtains a survey, soil test, site preparation cost, cost to bring utilities to the proposed home site, permits and your upgraded amenities. It could take several months to get to the permit process and a contract price due to plan review and changes, etc. Depending on the city or county’s schedule, it could take a month or so to receive a building permit to precede. Most homes are taking 8 months to 18 months to complete, depending if they are a track or a custom home.
1. Prepare Construction Site and Pour Footings.
2. Complete Rough Framing
3. Complete Rough Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC
4. Install Insulation
5. Complete Drywall and Interior Fixtures, Start Exterior Finishes
6. Finish Interior Trim, Install Exterior Walkways and Driveway
7. Install Hard Surface Flooring, Countertops, Complete Exterior Grad
8. Finish Mechanical Trims, Install Bathroom Fixtures
9. Install Mirrors, Shower Doors, Finish Flooring
10. Punch list and final walk through
Call me for an updated list of new homes or land available for your new build. Many home sites do not have a time limit to build on.